Available Exclusively From our Partners
A Unique Partnership
Jay Metcalf has partnered with Conn-Selmer, the leading wind instrument manufacturer, to develop and design the Better Sax alto saxophone. The result is a unique and affordable instrument that plays great, looks great and is dependable. We set out to create a financially accessible horn that students, teachers and players will love and we believe there is no better saxophone in the marketplace at this price point.
- Similar bore design to top professional instruments allowing for proper intonation, comfortable ergonomics, a lively response and beautiful tone.
- Underslung octave key design borrowed from the great, vintage King brand saxophones as well as elite Yanagisawa instruments.
- Cognac tinted lacquer with a simple engraving pattern for a classic, vintage themed design.
- Post to body construction for a lighter horn with less resistance.
- Premium case for reliable protection and convenient transport.
- Comes with complete accessory pack including: student mouthpiece, ligature, cap, reed, neck strap, cork grease and polishing cloth.
- High F# key
- Auxiliary front F key
- Blue steel springs
- Pisoni metal resonator pads
- Adjustable thumb rest
- Guaranteed and backed by Conn-Selmer’s warranty for 1 year.
The Better Sax alto saxophone is built at a Conn-Selmer Associate Manufacturing facility located in China under strict supervision from expert Conn-Selmer agents.
Each and every instrument is carefully checked throughout the manufacturing process and then receives a final inspection before being shipped to Elkhart, IN.
Upon arrival at the Conn-Selmer Woodwind Factory each Better Sax alto saxophone is checked, setup and play tested by qualified saxophone technicians ensuring that each instrument plays perfectly right out of the case.
Comes with a mouthpiece, 1 reed, mouthpiece cap, ligature, cork grease and polishing cloth.