As a repair technician this is the number one thing you can do to prolong the life of your pads and keep your horn in good working condition. You’ll same money, your horn will play (and smell) better not to mention retaining more value over time.
These swabs are the best I’ve ever used and I’ve used them all! Each kit comes with 2 swabs. Alto kit is $29 and tenor is $32.
BetterSax Dual Swab Kit
$29.00 – $32.00
The last 2 saxophone swabs you’ll ever need for your instrument. The most essential accessory for maintaining your instrument’s playing condition and value.
DescriptionSet of 2 micro-fiber saxophone swabs. One for the body and another for the neck and mouthpiece. The alto set will work with any model alto saxophone and the tenor kit will work with any model tenor saxophone. Swabbing out your saxophone after each playing session is essential maintenance. Here’s a list of what happens when you don’t swab your horn:
- your saxophone’s pads will not last as long
- your instrument will need adjusting more often to stay in good playing condition
- your instrument will likely develop undesirable odors from mold and bacteria
- your instrument case will also likely develop mold and mildew
- your mouthpiece will accumulate a build up of residue which will diminish its playing performance
- your instrument will not hold its value as well